OUR VISION is to help people Reach Up, Rise Up, and Reach Out.
We were all meant to be in a real, right relationship with God: to receive forgiveness and salvation. This relationship allows us to grow in the areas of prayer and praise and for the baptism and indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Reaching up allows us to receive his promises for justice, provision, healing, direction, wisdom, spiritual gifts, and more.
A real encounter with God changes lives. Whether he touches us in large group or small group meetings, in daily devotions, through worship, prayer, or any other number of ways, we need to rise up out of the things pulling us down, into a life of overcoming obstacles, and to become loving disciples of Jesus Christ.
We have servant hearts and are usable by God. We want to empower people to get involved in the work of ministry and to advance to their fullest potential in Christ. Reaching out means embracing a safe, free, and loving environment where the Spirit can move and the needs of the community are met. We want to honor God in the excellence of our service in His name.
Good Hope Church of Cloquet, MN, as a spirit-filled body of believers affiliated with the MN District of the Assemblies of God is committed to connecting with God in worship and prayer. We endeavor to bring people to a real relationship with Jesus Christ. Needs of families and the community are met through people rising up by the power of God to become who they were created to be.
How do we help people advance in their faith? Here is the basic path:
- Pre-evangelism: Getting the name Good Hope out in a positive way.
- Evangelism: Giving people an opportunity to choose Christ.
- Care Ministries: Helping people overcome their obstacles.
- Discipleship: Training in how to be a Christian.
- Involvement: Participating in the church痴 ministries.
- Advancement: Empowering people to reach their full potential in Christ.
- Authentic small group relationships developed inside a loving church.
- Each member prayerfully engaged and given the tools to grow in their faith.
- Providing a safe, free and loving environment where the Spirit can move.
- Reaching our community where they are with what they need.
- Seeing the value of all people in the eyes of Jesus.
- Honoring God through excellence in our service to Him.
Cloquet has about 9,000 people who aren’t in church on a given Sunday morning. Many of these people don’t know God, others are searching Christians. These people need to be reached and brought into their fullest potential in Christ.
We began Sunday morning services Oct 10, 2010. We are located at 55 Armory Rd for our service at 10:. We will have Children’s Church for kids from Kindergarden to 6th grade (iHope Kids). Youth Group for middle schoolers is Wednesday’s from 7 to 8:30 pm at the church. Our praise and worship night is held once a month. Other ministries of the church will be developed as committed people are moved into their areas of gifting.